This conference, hosted by Biogen, The NEVCA, and Liftstream, will explore the opportunity of diversity and inclusion in investment firms and portfolio companies.
The reported business benefits of a more diverse organization have rarely focused on biotechs. This program will serve to create a forum for sustained impactful efforts of diversity and inclusion specifically for this sector.
By attending, you will not only demonstrate your leadership in this area, but also have the opportunity to further your commitment, and that of your firm or company, to increase diversity and inclusion across the investment industry by positively tackling prominent opportunities for change.
The keynote and panel discussions will highlight case studies and best practices, and attendees will hear from VC firms and other investors across the investment chain, from start-up to public markets, who are realizing advantages from diversity and inclusion by generating sustainable value across all aspects of the company’s business and their portfolios.
Agenda – Wednesday, September 25, 2019
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM – Registration
2:00 PM – 2:15 PM – Keynote Speech: Amy Schulman, Partner, Polaris Partners
2.15 PM – 2:35 PM – Panel 1: Venture Capital and Diversity – Opportunities for Change
– Heather Gates, National Managing Director, Deloitte
– Susan Duffy, Executive Director, Babson College
2:35 PM – 3:15 PM – Panel 2: How do companies and firms generate sustainable stakeholder value from investing in D&I?
– JoAnn Price, Managing Director and Co-Founder, FairView Capital
– Leslie Henshaw, Partner, Deerfield
– Caitlin McSherry, Assistant Vice President, Investment Stewardship, State Street Global Advisors
– Kush Parmar, Partner, 5AM Ventures
– Jody Rose, President, NEVCA – Moderator
3:15 PM – 3:45 PM – Panel 3: What works with D&I? – Lessons from investors and portfolio companies.
– Alison Lawton, CEO, Kaleido Biosciences
– Steve Kafka, Partner, Third Rock Ventures
– Travis McCready, President and CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Council
– Dr. Elizabeth Trehu, Chief Medical Officer, Jounce Therapeutics
– Karl Simpson, Founder & CEO, Lifstream – Moderator
4:00 PM – 4:15 PM – Closing Remarks
4:15 PM – 5:00 PM – Networking