The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) seeks an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, passionate operator to assume the role of Manager of Platform and Community.
THE BIG PICTURE
Working closely with the NEVCA senior leadership, the Manager of Platform and Community is responsible for the full spectrum success of NEVCA member programming, digital presence, and community brand: development and execution of compelling in-person events; growth and adaptation of engaging newsletter and social media properties; building and strengthening networks and brand recognition within the innovation community.
This is a hybrid position. While the NEVCA is remote-first, the ability to attend regular in-office meetings and all in-person NEVCA events is required.
- Develop marketing strategies to drive visibility and attendance at NEVCA events (including but not limited to the annual NEVY Awards, Unpitch TECH, BIO, and HEALTH, VC Briefings, Syndicate Sessions, and MemberEDU Series)
- Develop KPIs and methods to quantitatively track marketing effectiveness
- Maintain and grow the NEVCA social media footprint
- Lead creation of NEVCA digital content, including newsletters, event recap posts, and issue-specific campaigns
- Research and deliver annual Impact Report highlighting ecosystem wins
- Ensure NEVCA website properties are up-to-date and utilized to the best and highest standard
- Own the full-spectrum execution – idea generation, speaker recruitment, budgeting, promotion, and onsite logistics – for all NEVCA events (including but not limited to those listed above)
- Collaborate with NEVCA members, sponsors, and community stakeholders to support existing ecosystem events (including vertical-specific weeks such as Boston FinTech Week, WEBOS Week, etc)
- Manage relationships with third-party event planners and external creative teams for two large-scale events per year
Management & Leadership
- Oversee the hiring and management of Platform Co-ops; work with leadership to craft the roles
- Collaborate with NEVCA and Hack.Diversity teams to identify opportunities for marketing and event partnerships
- Work with key players across the ecosystem to evangelize NEVCA
- Communicate strategies and growth metrics to Board of Directors during quarterly meetings and as needed
- Aligning stakeholders
- Tracking KPIs
- Developing and maintaining detailed project roadmaps / trackers
- Maintaining databases (e.g. CRM, roster, historical guest lists)
- Facilitating internal meetings to ensure accountability / timely deliverables
- Research (e.g. venture statistics, newsworthy fundraises, new fund announcements)
- (Budget management and financial analytics experience preferred)
Strong Communication Skills
- Communicating independently with high profile stakeholders
- Adjusting communication style to manage complex relationship dynamics and strong personalities
- Inspiring action through written and visual storytelling
- 2-5 years of professional experience in marketing, event planning, event production, community and/or program development, non-profit management, or business consulting
- Certifications in Project Management or Event Planning preferred but not required
- $50K – 70K base salary, commensurate with experience; eligible for annual performance bonus
- 20 vacation days, 18 paid Holidays, paid sick time
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) matching.
About the New England Venture Capital Association
The New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA) fosters a collaborative, inclusive, and prosperous innovation ecosystem. The NEVCA convenes leaders across the innovation community, builds sustainable solutions for workforce diversity, champions New England’s regional brand, and advocates for innovation-friendly public policy. Its 90+ member firms manage more than $100B in capital. (www.newenglandvc.org)
To apply to this role, please submit a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description was posted on January 21, 2022; new hire to start ASAP.