The Senior Analyst, Business Development & CVS Health Ventures position is a highly analytical role that supports the sourcing, development, execution, and ongoing management of strategic partnerships and venture investments to support CVS Health’s financial, product, and customer experience goals. As a member of the team, the senior analyst will participate in identifying and evaluating strategic relationships and providing analyses to support initiatives such as developing market landscapes and supporting investment memos. This individual will be expected to support the portfolio of existing relationships and assist in developing new insights, partnerships, and investments.
– 1+ years required of experience in healthcare, consulting, innovation, corporate strategy, venture capital, and/or private equity
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be presented to various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
– Demonstrated collaborative work style and project management skills, with ability to work with diverse teams
– Shown presentation skills, including familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
– Strong financial modeling skills
– Organized, detail-oriented, and structured thinking and execution, with the ability to support multiple tasks at a time; adjusts priorities as needed in order to meet deadlines
– Demonstrates high level of independent judgment and proactivity
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
ANALYST / ASSOCIATE, DEMENTIA DISCOVERY FUND, SV HEALTH INVESTORS
The Dementia Discovery Fund is looking for an ambitious and motivated Analyst / Associate with deep scientific experience and a strong
entrepreneurial spirit to join the investment team in Boston. This role provides a unique opportunity to become part of a life sciences venture capital fund and has long-term potential for advancement within the Fund.
FUND: The Dementia Discovery Fund (https://theddfund.com)
The Dementia Discovery Fund (DDF) is a £250 million venture capital fund investing in early-stage companies discovering and developing novel, disease-modifying therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases causing dementia. DDF is managed by SV Health Investors (the employer), a leading healthcare and life sciences venture capital and growth equity firm with a 27-year track record with offices in Boston and London. Since DDF’s initial closing in 2015, the Fund has built a portfolio of 18 investments in drug discovery and platform companies, predominantly located in the US and UK. Nine of these companies were created or built by the DDF and SV. The limited partners include a unique collaboration of leading global pharmaceutical companies, charitable organizations and government agencies.
The successful candidate will assist with the sourcing and evaluation of potential investment and company creation opportunities, the technical and commercial due diligence on investment
targets, as well as deal execution and project management. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior investment team and support it on all aspects of both the investment
process and portfolio management. They will also collaborate with DDF’s scientific advisors and engage with the broader scientific community to provide valuable input to DDF’s portfolio
companies. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment and exhibit independence and leadership capabilities. The position requires strong communication skills and the successful candidate will frequently interact with our external stakeholders in the life sciences and venture capital industry, as well as the fund’s investors.
The position will be based in Boston, will require the candidate to spend time in the office, and
will require occasional travel.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (to be adjusted for experience)
• Review and evaluate investment opportunities.
• Lead scientific and commercial due diligence in partnership with the DDF investment team in both Boston and London as well as outside experts, including primary and secondary research.
• Prepare and maintain the internal investment documentation on potential investments and portfolio companies, including investment case presentations, financial analyses, and reporting.
• Be actively involved in company creation.
• Be actively involved in portfolio management.
• Establish and build relationships with key academics and executives, attend industry events.
• Create, update, and maintain proprietary firm databases.
• Keep the team current on major developments in the field, by gathering intelligence on industry pipelines, new research findings, new companies, and other relevant information.
• Perform other tasks as necessary to support the team.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced scientific degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D.) required with a strong mechanistic understanding of disease.
• Prior experience in neuroscience and/or drug discovery and development a strong plus.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills required. Prior experience in venture capital, strategic consulting, equity research or business or corporate development in life sciences a strong plus.
• Must be an entrepreneurial individual with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment. Must be able to pro-actively prioritize competing demands and deliver high-quality results.
• Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills (including networking) required. Experience in written and oral communication to senior executive level audiences a plus.
• Must have strong integrity, judgement, work ethic, and be a team player.
Please submit your application (Cover Letter, CV) to Bianca Rice at email@example.com SV Health Investors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Successful candidates must be able to work in the U.S. for other than practical training. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Administrative and Marketing Job Description (1)
We are looking for a dynamic candidate to join our Venture Capital Firm to assist with
administrative duties and marketing. Experience is not required, but rather a willingness to
learn and assist in all aspects of firm business including:
– Scheduling investor and portfolio company meetings
– Scheduling travel for managing partners
– Ordering office supplies and managing building access and telephone systems
– Preparing expense reports
– Preparing investor presentations, newsletters and other marketing material
– Updating and maintaining the firm website and social media accounts (e.g. LinkedIn)
– Planning and supporting periodic virtual and in person investor events
– Data validation and clean up across multiple systems, including DealCloud and
– Bookkeeping, including processing invoices for payment and entering transactions in
The list above is not a complete list of responsibilities. We also anticipate project work and
jumping in where needed to help other members of the team. Our firm is small so we all pitch
in to make sure the work gets done.
– Four-year college degree
– Basic knowledge of Microsoft office software; Basic understanding of databases
– Basic understanding of finance and accounting desirable (not required)
– Desire to be a member of a small, growing team with a strong willingness to positively
contribute to its success in a variety of ways
– Curiosity about different aspects of our business and a willingness to learn
– Self-motivated and proactive
CHV is a venture capital fund focused on medical technology. We invest in medical devices,
diagnostics and digital health, with a focus on innovative technologies that significantly
improve patient outcomes.
We offer medical and dental coverage and a 401(k) plan.