About .406 Ventures:
We are .406 Ventures, a Boston-based venture capital partnership that focuses on early-stage investing in three enterprise-focused verticals: healthcare, data & cloud, and cybersecurity. We are passionate about finding and supporting the world’s best founders as they build game-changing companies that solve critical challenges in our focus areas.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
As an Associate, you will be a critical member of the .406 investment team. Your responsibilities will include:
You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic who is passionate about investing in and supporting early-stage companies. You’re intellectually curious with previous experience in one or more of our verticals. You’re a team player who is also comfortable working with others, but also taking ownership over critical workstreams, and you hold yourself to the highest personal and professional standards. You’re able to work in-person in our Boston office, and you have:
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com. In your email (no cover letter please), please answer at least two of the following questions:
.406 Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our industry and creating an inclusive work environment.
About Tectonic Ventures:
Tectonic Ventures partners with entrepreneurs to solve meaningful problems across the Enterprise landscape through technology-enabled solutions that have lasting value in the networks, data, and platforms they create. We are building a new type of venture firm necessary for the increasing time that founders need to be ready for their Series A. We become trusted advisors and collaborators, nurturing teams as they scale and develop world-class execution. We invest and partner with entrepreneurs from inception to seed stage. We raise small funds of ~$75M at a time and are happy to write the first check into a new idea. We provide experience, an expansive network, and, as entrepreneurs ourselves, the right mindset to help founders realize their vision. Remarkable founders have a vision that will shift the future – our passion is to help make that happen.
Learn more at: www.tectonicventures.com
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
We are a small tight-knit team seeking a Pre-MBA Associate to join us and help make Tectonic, and our portfolio, succeed. We are particularly ingrained in the Harvard Business School, MIT Sloan, and Boston / New York tech communities.
The right person would have a true passion for the startup ecosystem and enjoy learning about everything it takes to both build a startup and run a venture firm. You will participate in and/or lead initiatives in all aspects of running a venture firm (including Partner meetings and firm operations). You should be detail-oriented and ready to shepherd a potential investment across the finish line — from conducting research / due diligence and writing investment committee memos, to reading legal docs and interfacing with lawyers. You would also enjoy community building and adding value to the tech ecosystem. The right person feels very comfortable around numbers and could help support the audit process and other critical tasks related to fund financial management. Finally, when not crushing on things that need to be done, you probably enjoy reading about emerging technologies or working with a portfolio company on a project.
The position offers the rare opportunity to learn the venture business in depth. Venture is an apprenticeship business, and we take our mentoring responsibilities seriously.
Candidates should possess:
– Unequivocal passion for startups / tech and respect for entrepreneurs.
– A minimum of 2 years of experience in tech/startups (particularly in a product role), investment banking, management consulting, or private investment management, preferably in venture capital or private equity emerging growth (highly successful startups often break the mold – if you do not exactly fit the prior experience but have been successful in another similarly analytical and rigorous role, we are open to learning more).
– Excellent analytical, research, communication, and writing skills.
– Independent and humble thinker with a deep sense of curiosity and commitment to learning.
– Self-initiative and “roll-up sleeves” attitude to always produce excellent work while being comfortable in a dynamic environment with competing demands and priorities.
– Minimum of bachelor’s degree with major or extensive coursework in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or business / finance.
– Familiarity with venture finance terms and calculations is a plus.
– Infectious enthusiasm and a readiness to learn the venture capital industry and company-building process at an accelerated pace.
How to Apply:
If you think you might be a good fit, Tectonic wants to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– Cover letter
– To help us understand you better, please include a statement telling us why you think you would be a good fit for the role and the team. Answer in whatever form, format, and length you would like.
MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth. Through these collaborations we help create jobs, increase the number of housing units, revitalize urban environments, and address factors limiting growth including transportation, energy, and infrastructure deficiencies.
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts, all through the lens of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to provide a work environment that celebrates difference and is free of implicit and explicit bias; an environment that recognizes the thoughts and contributions of every colleague as crucial to our collective success.
MassDevelopment is accepting applications for Vice President, Lending – Emerging Technology Fund (ETF) within the Finance Programs division. This position will be a hybrid model, with a combination of remote work and in-office work in our Boston office.
Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President for Lending – ETF, the Vice President, Lending – ETF will serve as the loan officer for Emerging Technology Fund prospects. The position will be responsible for developing new businesses, underwriting new loan opportunities, and managing portfolio loans.
– Coordinate business development efforts with Senior Vice President and Business Development officers.
– Analyze business plans, pro forma financials, debt capacity, intellectual property portfolios, and other relevant documentation of Emerging Technology Fund leads.
– Review drafts of term sheet, loan approval memorandum, and other internal approval requests drafted by Investment Analyst, giving guidance and maintaining quality control.
– Conduct quarterly and annual reviews of portfolio companies to ensure compliance with loan covenants and company performance versus budget, either directly or in supervisory capacity to Investment Analyst.
– Prepare reports and compile data for the Emerging Technology Fund’s Advisory Committee, either directly or in supervisory capacity to Investment Analyst.
– Review draft loan documents and amendments to loan documents for new and existing portfolio companies prior to final review by Senior Vice President.
– Oversee preparation of quarterly report to the Massachusetts Legislature by Investment Analyst, or prepare directly if necessary.
– Review returns on the Fund and individual loans/investments using various methodologies.
– Oversee the ETF’s annual derivative valuation exercise.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance.
– 5 years experience in commercial lending, or a combination of education and experience.
– Strong time-management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
– Ability to work as part of a team and independently, as needed.
– Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
– Possession of a valid driver’s license.
– Bilingual a plus.
MassDevelopment offers a robust and generous benefits package. In addition to standard benefits, highlights include:
– Student Loan Reimbursement
– Tuition reimbursement
– Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
– Generous employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
– 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
– 457(b) with employer match of up to 5%
– Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
– Transportation support
– Charitable giving matching gifts
Interested candidates can click on the link below to apply: